Built on the slopes of Othryos, it was destroyed in 1944 by the occupying forces to be rebuilt several years later. It was an Athonian type of cross-shaped cruciform with a dome. According to researchers, the Catholic Church was of rare beauty. The icon of the Virgin Mary, which is considered to be miraculous, was recovered. During the revolution of 1821, the Monastery took an active part and was the centre of resistance and used as a base for fighters.