MTs is not just another eastern form of alternative therapy, neither is it art nor science, since no other methodology can be compared to its practical value. MTs is simply philosophy. In other words it is the practical philosophy of inspired practical physicians of Trapezounta, a timeless mixture of Hippocratic philosophy and practice, Orthodox faith and experience, Characteristics of genuine healers like the wise, old lady Irini Iatridou.
- Jesus Christ heals, the healer mediates (serves as a medium).
- The existence of inseparable unity and interdependence of body and soul.
- The vision of the human body as a whole.
- The ability of the human being able to self-heal in synergy with God.
- Metamorphosis is the mental and physical regeneration of the whole being.
- The restoration of the psychosomatic unity.
- The Temperateness, meaning the correct balance of bodily fluids.
- Restoring all body systems.
- Attaining the flow of channels (lymphatic and vascular) and microcirculation.
- Attaining balance of homeostasis, correct body temperature, especially that of the brain.