An easy and ancient way of quickly restoring the intestinal flora
In Chinese traditional medicine, the large intestine is the organ Yan (the most mobile and active) of a system that is complemented by the organ Yin which includes the lungs and skin of the whole body apart from that of the head that functionally belongs to energy of the kidneys). The malfunction of the colon is expressed and immediately visible in the skin and affects the lungs very badly. Also, poor lung function immediately appears through the skin and can be greatly improved if we improve the colon function. Whatever we put on our skin, whatever we rub or whatever causes damage to our skin, adversely affects the functions of the lungs and colon.
These three organs belong to the element Metal and the emotion that accompanies them is sadness and crying. In a person who, for unspecified reasons, starts to feel sad and wants to cry, if we pay attention to the functions of the lungs and the colon promptly and treat it with colon detoxification and the digestive tract in general, we can prevent the development and the establishment of a depression before it becomes a habit in the body and affects the mind.
Foods that negatively affect the large intestine and the lungs are peppers, spices, mustard, hot pepper and that if we rubbed on our skin with them, it would cause mild to severe inflammation or irritation. The skin after “passing” up inside the anus is now the “inner skin” - the mucous membrane of the colon, as well as the “passage” (nostril) of the skin inside the nose automatically becomes the mucous membrane of the pharynx and the lungs! (in going through and up past the skin, we mean its transition - its differentiation from epithelium to mucosa). Smoking, of course, and whatever other dirty and irritating substances we breathe in, causes disharmony or damage to the lungs, the large intestine and the skin.
After a series of detoxifying enemas, the difference in the skin is obvious, it becomes brighter, lighter, livelier, and exudes health and freshness. Whatever we eat and how we eat it is the content that we will send to our large intestine! According to the law of ancient Taoist philosophy: the energy from the Earth system will pass to the METAL system continuing into the WATER system (kidney, bladder and genitals - sexual organs) In the EARTH system, the organs that operate are the, stomach, pancreas and spleen. The waste that reaches the large intestine comes from the small intestine.
In order to connect the knowledge of western medicine now, I will mention a few facts below - major studies and trials related to the function of the small and large intestine:
- The study of cosmonauts (Russian research). They took measurements of levels of the cosmonaut's bodies during the final rehearsals before the launch. An important finding was that from the anxiety and the intensity of the whole process, the healthy members of the crew lost within 1-2 hours all bifidobacteria and lactobacillus from their large intestine!!!
- The study of astronauts at Cape Kennedy (American research) has shown that fear and anger increase growth in faeces in the bacteroides fragilis bacteria subtype theta-iota-micron. The theta-iota-micron is the only anaerobic microorganism that produces tryptophanase, so it can break tryptophan into toxic metabolites of Indole that are carcinogenic. These effects of stress on the gut flora could react causing alternating intestinal motility, allowing different growth of specific microorganisms each time, resulting in a second phase of destroying the probiotics of the colon.
- The study of vegetarians - raw food eaters - non-meat eaters (French research) showed that fanatical hygienists who had never taken antibiotic in the past 10 years, but did not feel in good health, had stool samples taken and various antibiotic-resistant bacteria were detected!!! And the big question was: How did these bacteria find their way into their bodies? The answer: they had invaded their food because they did not boil it well and because they did not chew it well!!! The conclusion is that antibiotic-resistant bacteria are present in food because they are sprayed with them and other people become resistant due to overuse of antibiotics It also resembles those of organic farming that are not sprayed with pharmaceuticals or pesticides, but unfortunately, they pick up the microbes and diseases from the surrounding fields that are constantly being sprayed with every type of poison... Then after a second complementary experiment: the same people then started a diet with only cooked food - nothing raw, and over a 3-week period, there were no antibiotic resistant bacteria found in stools. The conclusion is that we swallow large quantities of bacteria from uncooked foods and if acid levels in the stomach are low, most bacteria survive and pass into the upper small intestine.
- Studies of patients who took antacid medication (international observations). Many people from daily stress and tension or lack of adequate sleep and rest develop symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders with heartburn, wind, acid, dyspepsia, bad breath, a heavy feeling after eating, bloating etc. and take antacid medication of their own accord or from doctors. However, because they actually have weak gastric fluids - by taking antacids they become even weaker and as a result the dyspeptic effects are exacerbated, while several microbes pass undisturbed and various groups of bacteria grow in the small intestine. These bacteria later destroy the probiotics of the colon. In the second phase, all patients are much worse, and if levels are measured, there is a large drop of vitamin B12 in their bodies because the bacteria consume large amounts of vitamin B12 from the small intestine. In other cases, less potent antacids have been observed in the postprandial stomach alcohol development, due to the development of fermentation of similar bacteria and fungi that survived a lack of strong gastric juices and secondary liver damage (fatty degeneration due to alcohol). Thus antacid treatments are among the most insidious and dangerous treatments for gastrointestinal disorders.
THE NOBEL PRIZE WINNER DESCRIBING PUTREFACTIVE DYSBIOSIS IN THE INTESTINE:
Ilya Ilyich Mechnikov, Biology Professor at the University of Odessa, arrives in France in 1905 and works at the Pasteur Institute. In 1908 he described phagocytosis and took the Nobel Prize for Medicine and Biology for that year. In the following years he describes putrefaction dysbiosis in the intestines from excessive growth of bacteria. During putrefactive dysbiosis which mainly develops in the large intestine is linked to a diet high in fats and proteins and low in fibre where there is a decrease in Bifido-bacteria in stool cultures and an increase in the type of bacteria.
Bifido-bacteria and the types of bacteria are the two basic anaerobic bacteria present in the tube. This is linked to the presence of large amounts of beta-glucuronidase in the faeces. This is responsible for the auto-immune modulator, another enzyme that alters the characteristics of the cells. Beta-glucuronidase in the large intestine breaks down recycled oestrogens and other derivatives, secreted by the liver, through the glucuronidase process and allows them to be reabsorbed into the body (which is harmful). Putrefactive dysbiosis has been associated with high PH levels in the stools, colon and breast cancer, and hepatic encephalopathy.
Mechnikov treated them with lactobacilli, a high fibre diet and vegetarianism, which is the best prevention for putrefactive dysbiosis. Subsequent researchers complete their work and today we have reached the following conclusions in relation to the intestines:
We have in our intestines a larger number of microorganisms than our body cells!! More than 500 types and of those 90% of them are anaerobic. In the intestines, these bacteria secrete their toxins and cause enzymatic reactions that are catastrophic to our body; in the second phase they destroy beneficial colon bacteria such as probiotics.
The negative effects of enzyme reactions of the bacteria in the intestines:
- the deactivation of trypsin and chemotrypsin
- they produce ammonia
- they consume a large amount of vitamin B12
- disable intestinal disaccharides.
- make inactivated the flavonoids we receive with food
- hydrogenation of polyunsaturated fatty acids
- degenerate gastrointestinal albumenites and substances in blood groups
- they destroy the mucus surface of the intestinal tract, which is the first natural barrier to maintain intestinal permeability properly
- convert saturated bile steroids to unsaturated
- cause decay of bile salts, to irritant bile acids
- they increase the metabolic rate (we gain weight)
- increase the entero-hepatic recirculation of oestrogen to those people who eat a typical Western diet (meat with potatoes, white bread, sweets, etc.), so
- they have greater urinary secretion of oestrogen and lower oestrogen excretion from the faeces (reabsorbed)
- activate proto-carcinogens
- they trigger dysphoric-dysfunctional immune responses (secretory IgA and IgE), thus allergies and food intolerances to an excessive extent
Toxic metabolites produced in the intestines by bacteria:
- Ammonia from hydrolysis of urea
- Amines from decarboxylation of amino acids
- Tryptophan-derived phenols of the foods we eat
- Secondary bile acid that is likely to be carcinogenic
- Recycled oestrogens
- Nitrites from nitrates, and nitrosamines from nitrites
- Aniline from the Azodyes we eat (Azocolourants - a group of food dyes)
- Hydrogen cyanate (minimum amount) of cyanogenic glycosides
- 1,2-dimethylhydrosine a proto-carcinogen, made potent by bad intestinal flora
- Methionine may be converted to ethionine that is toxic to the liver.
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons that promote the formation of tumours.
- 20-methylcholathine is produced from bile acids by the action of bacteria
- Cyclomates (aspartame is one of them) - may be carcinogenic because bacteria in the intestines produce cyclo-hexelamines from them.
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF COLON DYSFUNCTION
- Easily fatigued
- A lot of flatulence – wind, burping
- Easy and unjustified aggression
- Prominent belly
- Lack of interest in playing (children) or creative work (adults)
- Pain, neuralgia and mild discomfort in various parts of the body
- Memory failure and inability to concentrate
- Obsession with certain foods, persistent greediness
- Unstable anxiety and worries – internal disturbance - over thinking
- Abdominal Discomfort
- Menstrual Problems
- Swelling of the lower limbs
- Reduced sexual desire - decline in performance
- Skin problems
- Bad Breath
- Poor appetite -indifference for food and slimming
- Feeling cold in upper and lower extremities
THE LOGIC AND PHILOSOPHY OF COLON ENEMAS:
In natural medicine we give importance to the terrain- in the field (to the person) where a disease develops and not the microbe that has found the opportunity to develop, our goal is to make it easier for the body to function better, so as to self-heal and repair itself. Apart from other good habits to develop (correct nutrition, exercise, proper sleep, adequate rest, lots of water, breathing exercises, etc.) we need to offer the body to perform optimally - to self-regulate ultimately, including colon hydrotherapy can sometimes take up to a year.
A quality enema quickly relieves the intestine from the accumulated toxins, and the only thing remaining is to restore normal flora again. Without the burden of microbes in the colon, the next step of the holistic physician is to assist with the appropriate nutrients or supplementary natural substances, the natural flora of the colon (Acidophilus Lactobacilli and Bifidobacterium) and if it is wise to help the body in the eradication of small intestinal bacteria (with herbal therapy and aromatherapy). It is not necessary each time which microbes are over-growing so they can be killed off with the appropriate antibiotics ... This may be a vicious circle and a never-ending battle - with the victim always being ... the patient's body. The fact that many bacteria collect in the small intestine and large intestine which burden our general health is an undeniable fact that often does not depend on us and cannot be avoided. The fact that many bacteria collect in the small intestine and large intestine which burden our general health is an undeniable fact that often does not depend on us and cannot be avoided. (That there are antibiotics in vegetables, or that there are foreign oestrogens in food, or sugar in crisps and in “corn puffs” and they easily feed off the bacteria inside us, is the responsibility of others - to protect us and enforce more intensive controls.)
The job and the role of physicians in natural - mild medicine is to act preventatively and to flush the bowel out before the body's defence system weakens (treating so many microbes with their toxins every day) and finally creating a particular illness. When a particular illness is diagnosed, it is mostly the job of western medicine to play its role and then find the germ that has prevailed in the body’s defence system and try to stop it - or to eliminate it with antibiotics or by whatever means he thinks best. But when something is diagnosed, it is too late for the responsibility and field of natural medicine; it is then a necessary job of Western medicine to take precedence and priority. There are often some neglected cases of patients going to the doctor at the last minute and all that is appropriate then is a strong course of antibiotics - with the corresponding adverse effects on the body. In cases where a patient has taken antibiotics and it has improved the particular problem, he can then be resumed by natural-mild medicine with plant therapy and colon therapy to restore the imbalance that the antibiotics have caused to the natural flora of the colon and to the general balance of the body.
THE “CORRECT TIME” OF NATURAL - MILD MEDICINE AND PREVENTION
There is a critical time in the life of every person who “is considered healthy”, but does not feel healthy, diagnosed “not a patient”, but feels “like a patient”, has various micro-symptoms of those brought up previously and if he tells them to a friend of his, a (western) doctor he may laugh and tell him to stop having obsessions ... The person keeps feeling ill for a few days and then better on other days, whilst in western medicine because he does not have sufficient, apparent or obvious symptoms to make an accurate diagnosis, he suggests a painkiller, an anti-inflammatory drug, an antipyretic, or even a mild tranquilizer ... This critical turning point happens to thousands of people who you hear saying that until yesterday they were “fine” and today they have this and that .... Until yesterday they were perfectly healthy and today they are sick??? Of course not!! They weren’t healthy yesterday but neither last week nor the previous month! The critical time span of “tomorrow's patient” may vary from 3 months to 2 years!!! Then is the right time for natural -mild medicine to take over (only if the general public are informed and visit the holistic doctor for Prevention) Natural- mild medicine is interested in this crucial period of man before he becomes ill! and can then offer the ultimate treatment!! Thus, the roles and jurisdictions between western and natural - mild medicine will not overlap, and the rivalries and small talk will benefit society!
This is when mild depression of the body sets in, and it is then that the disorganization begins and vital energy is wasted trying to keep homeostasis balanced. It is then with mild herbal formulas, mild natural substances and mild manipulations and without the slightest side effect that we can easily regulate “tomorrows patient”. Then a series of enemas will give air to the lungs and allow vital Chi. and then he is wasted his vital energy trying to keep himself homeless. It is then that with mild herbs, with mild natural substances and with mild manipulations - without the slightest side effect - we can easily regulate the “tomorrow sick”. Then a series of shunts will give “breathing to the lungs and allow vital Chi” to be used for the needs of restoration and self-help of the body. Immediately after the enema, even a person’s psyche changes “potential to the patient”, and many of the small, daily symptoms disappear for a long time. If a healthy lifestyle is put in place: jogging and gymnastics every second day that correctly stimulate the large intestine and stimulate normal bowel habits. If correct dietary habits are applied with vegetables and fruit juices and plenty of water that wash out or provide the necessary moisture to the intestines, and consuming foods rich in insoluble fibre (cellulose) and herbs or salads, natural prevention is then wholly completed. Enemas can be applied to any phase of a patient: whether he is having treatment with Western medicine and various powerful drugs, or taking homeopathy or acupuncture, or at any other stage of a method of treatment.
INDICATIONS FOR COLON HYDROTHERAPY
- Sluggish colon
- Haemorrhoids (Early stages)
- Skin problems,
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn's disease and mal absorption
- Autoimmune diseases
- Intestinal intoxication in general
- Irritated colon
- Parasitic infections
- Toxic headache (from amalgam tooth filling)
- General Allergies:
CONTRAINDICATIONS OF ENEMAS:
- Hepatic diseases
- Intestinal hernia
- Advanced Pregnancy
- Digestive tract bleeding
- Heart disease
- Advanced haemorrhoids
- Stretch marks
THERE ARE NATURAL WAYS OF PREVENTING AND UNDERSTANDING UNWANTED BACTERIAS IN OUR DIGESTIVE SYSTEMS:
There are herbs and essential oils that are much more interesting than antibiotics. Recently, many common pharmaceutical drug companies that until recently produced chemical fertilizers, bombs, biological warfare, agronomic poisons, and other similar products began to be interested in including in their list of products herbal preparations and vitamins. This may have pushed the prestige of herbal therapy (herbal medicine), but this possibly infuriated the environmentalists and hygienists. It will become obvious ... But importing into Greece herbal essences from abroad is equally outrageous. If a Greek pharmacist or Greek team dared to make an elixir containing an alcoholic extract of Artemissia vulgaris or annua, then all the “cautious” would wake up and complain that the suspect Artemissia vulgaris and Artemissia annua existed. Now that it has been imported by the Europeans I have not heard anything yet... Let the EE be national pharmacology be a good and reliable guide for the Greek pharmacist to produce their own herbs in their own country that they need for Herbal therapy and Aromatherapy products!!
- Allium sativum
- Artemissia vulgaris & annua
- Aloe vera ferox
- Berberis vulgaris
- Cascara sagrada
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Citrus grandis seed extract
- Curcuma longa radix
- Echinacea purpurea & angustifolia
- Eugenia - syzygium jabolana
- Gentiana lutea
- Hamamelis virginiana
- Hydrastis canadensis
- Juglans directed the film
- Rosmarinus officinalis
- Ruta graveolens
- Thymus vulgaris
- Vaccinium myrtillus
- Vitis vinifera seed extract
- Zingiberis officinalis radix
Vasilios E. Tritakis